At 100%, we’re committed to reducing the impact retail marketing has on the environment and the planet as a whole. Our vision is to become the most sustainable global retail installations expert and promote change across the industry through collaboration and partnerships.
Our people are central to our mission, which is why we’ve assembled our very own specialist ‘Green Team’, responsible for driving progress and keeping us on track to achieve our ambitious goals. The team represents all areas of the business and is led by Will Williams (Board Director) joined by Edyta Daniel (International Programs), Kate Kilmartin (Sales & Marketing), Mark Leach (Facilities Management), Neil Russell-Bates (Sustainability), Paddy Stanley (UK Operations), Rebecca Walton (Sales & Marketing), Zena Aris-Sutton (International Projects).
It’s incredibly important to us to have input from different departments and levels of seniority throughout the company so we can ensure that our team, and therefore our sustainability agenda, is representative of everything we do as a business. It also provides an opportunity to bring together colleagues that don’t work together as part of the day-to-day, so they can collaborate on a shared passion outside of their fundamental role and responsibilities and share new ideas around environmental and sustainability issues.
What does the 100% Green Team do?
Our green team is central to the development and implementation of our sustainability strategy. They research and build out new ideas and implement the agreed initiatives across the business, while engaging and ensuring buy-in from the wider 100% team.
What is 100%’s sustainability strategy?
To ensure our strategy is as comprehensive and impactful as possible, we’ve aligned it with four of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals; decent work and economic growth, responsible consumption and production, climate action, and partnerships.
We aim to reflect this in our company policies and activity, as well as in our operations and the products and services we provide. Our key points are:
- Build a fair and respectful business for all stakeholders
- Create equal opportunities, employment, development and training
- Increase our work with charitable partners
- Maximise repair and re-use of display materials
- Minimise waste from POS displays
- Maximise recycling
- Measure our environmental impact and minimise greenhouse gas emissions
- Source sustainable goods and materials
- Achieve a net zero carbon footprint
- Build partnerships and encourage collaboration within the industry
- Encourage the adoption of green principles by partners and suppliers
What’s next for the 100% Green Team?
Our green team continues to meet on a regular basis to monitor and discuss progress against our objectives and develop new sustainability ideas and initiatives. They recently brought the whole company together (virtually of course!) to identify priorities and brainstorm new ideas. The most popular suggestions, and our key focuses for the coming months, are;
- The development of a more permanent remote working policy (to apply post-pandemic)
- Charity & community events from home
- Increased recycling through new suppliers
- Becoming paperless
The team has also completed the process of switching utility providers to renewable energy sources. We look forward to seeing the new ideas and initiatives in action, and most importantly, the result these will have on our collective company carbon footprint